What's going on?
Hot Girl Walk is a fast paste, daily, 6km (4 miles) Mindfulness Walk. The goal is to build confidence, reclaim Your life beck and believe You can do anything you set your mind to. In the long run, way to know and connect with yourself, find and fulfil goals that YOU wish for yourself. Not what everybody else wants you to be.
What is the secret?
Photo by Adrian Dascal
#HotGirlWalk is a new big trend on TikTok. Mia (@ExactlyLikeTheOtherGirls) introduced it to remedy stagnation and increased negativity, losing purpose, depression, laziness and lack of movement during the Pandemic. It’s a very accessible routine, so you cannot find excuses not to do it. Her idea about Hot Girl Walk was to highlight that the most significant transformations are those started internally. So, It isn’t about losing weight. Though most certain, you will shape a more toned, slender body. That’s a bonus for taking the time to reconnect & value yourself. Mia reveals that it was her way to lose plenty of weight and achieved dreamed slim figure, healthy and without giving up what she loves.
Hot Girl Walk is a part of developing a healthy routine that touches on three main points:
– Sustainable/regular physical activity (Hot GIrl Walk)
– Work on yourself for you – physically and mentally
– Develop a healthy mindset
There are only 2 RULES:
1. During Hot Girl Walk, You think only about three things, nothing else:
– Things you are grateful for.
– All of your unique goals, aspirations & dreams. Manifest your deepest desires (for a day, week, year…).
– How hot you are!
2. You are not allowed to think about drama, problems, other commitments or anything unpleasant (If in doubt, see Rule No.1)
TO STAY MOTIVATED - define your WHY, not how
How to do a Hot Girl Walk:
– Find a location around 3km (2miles) away from you:
– a coffee or shop you wanted to visit, but you never had time
– route with a gorgeous view, beautiful park – your choice, just make sure it’s a safe route.
– Prepare high energy, motivational music playlist that will put your walk on fire! It’s all about good vibes. You can use a ready one or create your own. Mia @ExactlyLikeTheOtherGirls prepared one for you on Spotify.
– Elevate yourself. Dress your favourite, fabulous gym set. Or any other clothes that make you feel like a million dollars. Comfortable million dollars that still need to walk 6km. Make your hair as you like, add some jewellery if you feel like it. All to make YOU feel great.
Photo by Jean Alves
- Start your walk to a target point.
– Bring a friend (that’s optional)
– Get on your fire playlist. NOT Podcast, unless it’s kick-ass motivational, cheering up, focusing you on achievements and goals. Though do not make a habit of it. Why? Because itºs more probably you will zone out, and do not connect with yourself. Observing your inner dialog is important in HotGirlWalk FAQ
– Enjoy your time. Be aware of your thoughts. Focus on supportive ones and let go of others. Listen to music. Observe lovely views & make it FUN. Focus on Feeling good! Focus on yourself, discover yourself. Meet the person that lives inside of you that you so often do not have time to listen to.
– If you have a goal, imagine you achieved it. How would you feel? Try to bring those emotions, feel them. Joy, excitement, happiness, fulfilment. Focusing on the emotions is more important than picturing all the details. You don’t have to see your goal clearly, FEEL IT.
– Reached destination? Walk back. Remember, happy thoughts 😉
Extra step: use your pumped-up energy after a walk, do your priorities. Focus on things that will bring you closer to your goals. Create a healthy routine, aka start from a simple routine.
All details you want to know
- Remember about your Skincare Routine – Use SPF
- OFF SOCIAL MEDIA
- Connect with the world around you.
- Take water & what even more critical drink that water not only carry it around 😉 If it’s not your habit yet, measure daily water intake in your calendar or million of health apps you find on your store. You can create a voice command not to lose time. Btw You can discover different motivational water bottles. Give it a try.
- Clothes: They should be comfortable, though. Avoid anything that you do not want to sweat, disturb walking, or can cause any abrasions on the skin. You will be on the move, so comfortable sports shoes are a must-have.
- You can make it as part of your morning routine as well as your exercise routine. The walk is fantastic to start and brings a lot of benefits. That’s a very underrated activity.
- Safety first! Not only Covid Safety, but be aware of your environment by all the time. Choose a safe route. Take a friend or find some safety device that will help you in a dangerous situation.
- Playlist: Start from ready-made and progress from there. You are unique. Your moods and favourite songs, and motivation are personal to you. Have a few playlists for different days/moods. As long as music gets you to a high vibe, evokes good feelings, you are on a good track.
- Every song should be good because if you forget yourself and your mind will drift off to things to do, bills to pay, people to speak … every new song has to bring you back to objectives you should think. It’s reset. Get out of what you think because you are on your Hot Girl Walk. You have 3 things to worry about (Hot hot hot, goals, being appreciative), and none of them is unpleasant or troublesome.
- NO Podcast, Why? To stay alone with your thoughts. When you start to be aware of your thoughts, then the most impressive change will come. It’s a change of lifestyle so that it may be uncomfortable in the beginning, it may not be the easiest, but you will see how quickly you will be improving. People got good at avoiding staying with their thoughts. It’s why we have so many distractions around Netflix, Insta, TikTok, Smartphones…) Reaching goals is way easier when you don’t mute yourself internally. Challenge yourself and be curious! Reclame yourself.
- Focus on Feeling good! It’s your time. You are practising self-care.
- Distance can be modified. Important to do it regularly/daily. Better a shorter walk than no walk. You have time today? Get some more steps.
- Do not focus on distance. Focus on the destination and being in the moment. Pick up some nice place that you like, or you never had time to visit.
Photo by Sabina Sturzu